The Maintenance Technician will respond and react to mechanical issues in the production environment in a timely and efficient manner. They will apply engineering concepts for optimization for production and maintain our current industrial baking equipment, troubleshoot and problem-solve equipment issues, install new equipment and conduct routine maintenance. In addition, they also be required to fabricate equipment and/or remove old equipment and train staff on equipment operating procedures.
- 2nd shift is 3:30pm to 12:00am
- Overtime and weekends are required
- 2nd shift pay range is $22.00 to $30.00 per hour.
- Trouble shooting, installation, maintenance and repair on designated equipment
- Assist at all times with keeping the production lines running as a first priority
- Inspecting equipment and conducting routine and preventative maintenance
- Recognize waste and recommends initiatives for elimination or reduction
- Machining fabrication
- Facility maintenance – maintains and repairs one or more utility systems such as HVAC equipment, plant compressed air equipment and boiler plant equipment
- Pipe fitting – modifies and repairs piping systems and equipment such as vacuum and plant compressed air systems
- Sheet metal work – forms, joins, assembles and installs conduits, chutes, guarding and other items and systems that have combined straight and curved edges or irregular curves and planes
- Maintaining daily communication with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow up
- Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated
- Collaborating with management on equipment modifications and working with vendors to ensure proper operation
- Removing old equipment and installing new machines
- Providing technical support and training on new equipment
- Responding to internal customer call outs
- Adhering to all GMP’s, Safety and Environmental regulations
- See skills work experience
Ellison Core Competencies:
The following Leadership Behaviors are important to the success of the organization.
- Develops Others.
- Customer Focus.
- Drive for Results.
- Motivating Others.
- Integrity & Trust.
- Peer Relationships.
Skills/Work Experience Needed:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in food manufacturing as maintenance technician
- Experience in Rockwell Software a plus
- Must be knowledgeable of and be capable of working on various food manufacturing equipment
- Knowledge of EPA and OSHA guidelines
- Ability to fabricate, maintain and work with bakery equipment (ovens, mixers, conveyors, high speed, wrappers, etc.)
- Ability to read system schematics, blueprints and specifications
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of safety and equipment procedures
- Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently
- Strong time management skills
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Ethical and trustworthy
- Production area can vary in temperature either be cool or warm depending on the season and possibly humid in the summer months
- Concrete floors are slippery, especially when wet
- Intact senses of sight, with corrective lenses are necessary
- The work environment and physical demands described below may be representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Ellison Bakery is an equal opportunity employment employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protect