The mixer operator is responsible for correctly blending together all of the necessary raw materials in a timely manner to help deliver a finished product that is not only safe to eat but meets all customer and internal specifications.
- Train on 8 hours shifts, then move to a 2/2/3 schedule, 12 hour days/nights.
- Overtime and weekends are required.
- $17.00 per hour + $1.00 per hour 2nd shift or $2.00 per hour 3rd shift differential.
- After training increases to $20.00 per hour + $1.00 per hour 2nd shift or $2.00 per hour 3rd shift differential.
- Execute the daily production schedule and process orders in the established sequence
- Ensure that the product is baked using the proper recipes and settings established
- Perform required HACCP monitoring checks to verify that CCP’s are working properly
- Ensure that all utensils, equipment, and work area is maintained in a clean and safe manner
- Accurately and legibly maintain records of batches made, equipment used, deviations, and other processing parameters
- Monitor automated equipment to verify it is functioning properly
- Follow all:
- Company Policies
- Good Manufacturing Practices
- Food Safety Management System Policies and Procedures
- Sanitation Procedures
- Safety Procedures
- Assist other areas of production as needed
- Effectively communicate all relevant information to other production shifts and employees
- Immediately report any and all food safety and quality problems to management
- Box cutter
- Spatulas, scoops, and scrappers
- Computer and bar code scanner
Ellison Core Competencies:
The following Leadership Behaviors are important to the success of the organization.
- Develops Others.
- Customer Focus.
- Drive for Results.
- Motivating Others.
- Integrity & Trust.
- Peer Relationships.
Skills/Work Experience Needed:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers with decimals
- Ability to read computer screens and enter data
- Read and follow work instructions
- Communicate effectively with co-workers
- Work independently; self-managed
- The work environment and physical demands described below may be representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Production area can vary in temperature either be cool or warm depending on the season and possibly humid in the summer months
- Concrete floors are slippery, especially when wet
- Intact senses of sight, with corrective lenses are necessary
- Hearing and vision are required in order to be certain that ingredients are mixed correctly and safely.
Ellison Bakery is an equal opportunity employment employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protect