The Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing all outbound freight, daily receiving, picking and cycle counting in the warehouse. The warehouse manager will provide training, direction and accountability to warehouse team members. The Warehouse Manager will report directly to the Plant Manager. This person will work closely with Customer Service to plan and arrange customer order fulfillment and shipping. They will also work directly with our customers and carriers to aid in shipping error resolution, outbound freight scheduling, claims, freight pricing, etc. Management level data reporting and ERP work is also required.
- Morning, afternoon, and evening shifts
- Overtime and weekends may be required depending on production load and co-worker attendance
- Oversee a 3 shift warehouse operation
- Interviews, selects and oversees training for new team members
- Supervises all phases of shipping and/or warehouse operations including shipping schedules, loading operations and material handling activities
- Maintains inventory and product loss control, coordinates timely and accurate shipping and receiving, and ensures safety/operational guidelines are met
- Ensures proper procedures are in place and being followed for, production efficiency, quality of product, employee safety, state and federal guidelines
- Works with Plant Management and other Supervisory Staff to assign, direct, review and monitor work of supervised staff to maximize productivity warehouse and shipping department
- Establishes and monitors employee's work schedules to meet needs of business
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems
- Maintains time and shipping records as required. Prepares reports for management review.
- Collaborates with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Provides for the supervision of assigned employees in scheduling and daily activities, ensuring effective selection, retention, feedback, disciplinary action and performance management
- Trains and instructs employees in regard to work performed in shipping and warehouse.
- Oversees instruction, implementation and enforcement of policies as they relate to employees
- Manages the service calls and repairs of the fork truck fleet and box truck
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Production machinery
- Utility knife
Ellison Core Competencies:
The following Leadership Behaviors are important to the success of the organization.
- Develops Others.
- Customer Focus.
- Drive for Results.
- Motivating Others.
- Integrity & Trust.
- Peer Relationships.
Skills/Work Experience Needed:
- Associates or Bachelor level degree
- 5+ years of warehouse experience in a manager/supervisor role in a fast paced environment
- 2+ years’ experience with ERP and WMS
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computers
- Communication proficiency/coaching
- Organizational skills and thoroughness
- Team player with initiative
- Decision making skills and time management
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of employees
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks)
- Production area can vary in temperature either be cool or warm depending on the season and possibly humid in the summer months
- Concrete floors are slippery, especially when wet
- Intact senses of sight, with corrective lenses are necessary
- Hearing and vision are required in order to be able to hear and read documents pertaining to the job.
- The work environment and physical demands described below may be representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
Ellison Bakery is an equal opportunity employment employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protect